2011 Campbellsport Alumni Tourney. Saturday!
What: The 2011 Roger Turchany Basketball Classic.
When: April 23rd, 2011 – 1st game at 9:00am, with games on the hour throughout the day. Championship at 4:00
Who: Alumni of the storied CHS basketball program – six teams total.
Where: Campbellsport High School, where else?
Why should you attend:
1) To watch some good basketball, and admittedly, maybe some not so good basketball. Both can be entertaining.
2) Apparently it is still Winter in Wisconsin, so what else are you going to do with your Saturday. Bring the kids and let them run wild.
3) There is a good chance you’ll see three, maybe four, sets of twins – all in one place, possibly on the court at the same time. That may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I guarantee none of your other Saturday options will provide such an opportunity.
Cost: A few bucks. Proceeds benefit Campbellsport Youth Basketball. Troy Schill was not born with that skill set. It was developed thru years of disciplined youth basketball. Support the cause.
Losersbracket will have Staff on sight to capture images and storylines from the Tourney. Be sure to check in next week for a post-Tournament wrap up. We hope to bring you images and analysis as only Losersbracket can.
Losersbracket has identified a few storylines to keep your eye on at the Tourney:
1) Kyle Twohig’s team is back to defend their championship. The champs lineup is relatively intact from last year. Kyle runs this gym now. The champs are not going to go down easy. Losersbracket smells a repeat here.
2) It appears Troy Schill now carries the monnicker “The Ageless” one. But, will the low back hold up to the massive number of pump fakes he utilizes in a typical game. Losersbracket is skeptical, but lets hope it is an injury free day.
3) Al Waldschmidt’s squad showed up last year in a variety of old school NBA jerseys. What will they have in store this year? Losersbracket just hopes they don’t try to pull a stunt like playing in their underwear or something.
4) Will anyone dunk? Or will the players continue to question when the rims got higher and the court got longer? Losersbracket says if they had to put $1000 on an over/under of 1 on the dunking, they would take the under, and double their bet.
5) If Sam Durand shows up, will he have the same number of fingers as he did last year? Losersbracket suspects Durand has probably lost another finger somewhere along the way over the last year.
6) During the “Old Timers” game, will Rog Turchany be able to resist jumping into the action and putting up 50 points, all off the glass? Losersbracket thinks Rog will definitely get in the game. Bring your earplugs, I suspect Rog can still make those shoes squeek louder than anyone you’ve ever heard. And shine up the backboards, the bank is open when Rog plays.
Enjoy the Tourney, cue the Journey.