You Can’t Handle the Truth Part Deux
Our love affair with Nyjer “Captain” Morgan has been well documented. There is more to it than a “fan favorite” stigma based on hustle and heart. The contributions by the Nyjerian Nightmare are evident on both defense and offense. Here are the facts:
- When he starts, the Brewer’s record is 3-2. When he doesn’t start they are 4-4.
- When he starts and bats 2nd in the lineup, the Brewers are 2-0.
- When he starts, the Brewer’s run differential is +5 on the season. When he does not start the run differential is -2 on the season.
- When he starts and bats 2nd in the lineup, the run differential is +7.
- When he starts the Brewers are allowing 2.2 runs per game. When he does not start, the Brewers are allowing 4.6 runs per game.
It is obvious, we all need a little more Captain in there. I hope Ron Roenicke reads this.