Overreaction: Brewers in Last Place
Yesterday’s loss leaves the Milwaukee Brewers in last place in the National League Central. Here is the Losersbracket.com overreaction:
- They are obviously feeling the loss of Prince Fielder as I’m certain he would have easily hit six solo homers to at least tie the game.
- Braun was 0-5, and displayed warning track power, so he was clearly on ‘roids the last few years.
- Aoki was 0-1 with a strikeout in a crucial situation (runners on first and third and nobody out). He is adjusting to coming off the bench in a completely different time zone. He’ll probably be suffering from jet lag for a few months. He hit fine in Arizona because that is closer to Japan.
- Gallardo is suffering from arm fatigue from pitching too many spring training innings. Worst opening day pitcher ever.
- Somehow the manager has to take some blame for the loss as this is the way professional sports work. Fire Roenicke….or fire Rick Kranitz first, that is a more standard move at this point.
- Manny Parra still seems like a douche bucket. I can’t wait until the Brewers play the Tigers in inter-league play (not happening this year BT-dub) and he plunks Fielder…will be a brawl for the ages.
With all that said…my prediction: 94 wins. Go Brewers!