Being Positive : Brewers & Packers
It’s pretty easy to be nasty negative as a Wisconsin sports nut.
The MILWAUKEE BREWERS are sucking in historic fashion
The GREEN BAY PACKERS have looked like a team coming off a 1-15 season rather than a 15-1 season.
Let’s throw this blog in super positive mode and look at the good side. The silver lining.
1. Brandon Weeden the QB from the Cleveland Browns is actually pretty friggin good, and he did most/all of his damage against the Packers second string defense. Seriously. So you want proof? Here he is smoking some clay pigeons. That is friggin nuts. The Bengals put up two field goals with a short field in the first quarter when both sides were playing their #1s.
2. Packers Run Defense is #3. Before you think I’ve lost my marbles, go ahead look it up. They are #3 overall with 2.7 yards per carry. No worries my friends… really.
3. Nick Perry only has a bull rush. He’s a one trick pony. Hey at least he knows ONE TRICK. Better than last year.
4. Packers running game. Last week Alex Green did not look great. That’s because he is our 4TH RB! Saine, Starks, and Benson are all ahead of him. It’s fine.
5. Our best two offensive options have not yet played. J Fich and Jennings… Again, relax.
6. Dom Capers base defense is easy to dissect. The complicated stuff is the goods.
7. Our interior defense is horrible. In a 3-4 defense the big dudes just clog. The LB’s fill. Again, it’s all good in the hood.
On to the Crew.
1. Ryan Braun is 3rd in the majors with a .594 slugging %. He’s hitting .305 and also third in the majors with 33 long balls. Close to an MVP season here folks. The loss of Prince did NOT hurt his numbers at all.
2. Ben Rouse is still going to every single game. I am going with him Aug. 22nd. I can’t wait to sit with a guy that has seen every game IN PERSON this year. That’s a beautiful (yet sad and ironic) story.
3. If he qualified Mike Fiers would be #11 in the majors for his 2.90 ERA. Don’t miss when this guy pitches.
4. Catcher Martin Maldonado is hitting .288 for the year. Move Lucroy to 2nd (I don’t care what happens to Rickie!)…and I like this for 2013.
5. Corey Hart has found a home at 1st base. He is a splendid defensive 1st baseman.
6. Jim Segura brings a nifty glove, some speed and even a live bat some days to the shortstop position. Put him there for another 10 years.
7. Bob Uecker is still in the press box.
8. It’s still a hell of a tailgate party.
(ok 7 and 8 I was reaching, but still!)