I’m finally ready to write this blog. I think.
Look it’s complicated. 89% of you have already made up your mind on how you are going to vote and what you think of him. This article of course won’t change that one way or the other. And this article is not going to try to convince the other 11%. So why write it at all?
1. He’s from Wisconsin, which is pretty friggin cool. “One of us.”
2. He’s different. No really.
3. Yeah, I agree with him. 10000000%
4. I’m giving out free advice.
Here’s maybe my favorite quote of Mr. Ryan’s.
“Look, Social Democrats in Europe are a respectable political party. They’re a respectable political ideology. They’re not kooks,” he said. “I just think it saps a country of its potential. I think it reduces and diminishes a people’s ability to maximize their own potential, and I think it stagnates nations. I think it lowers people’s living standards, and I think — combined with our real dire fiscal situation, our long-term fiscal situation — (it) is a real toxic mixture, which will permanently change our country for the worse. I really firmly believe that.”
He’s a hunter. He likes brats and cheese.
Look, this guy likes to work. Crunch numbers. He has a real plan to fix the budget. No one is saying, gosh I hope no one is saying, the deficit is not near an epidemic problem.
Look, I am like Paul Ryan in this thinking: I don’t think Obama or liberals are evil, I just absolutely believe there way of thinking is wrong for a better America.
Now, here’s my advice.
Typically Vice President’s do nothing. They are the 2nd most powerful seat in the world, yet really just wait in the wings in case the president croaks. They show up a little at the elections but that is about it. Seriously, Dan Q-uail and Joe Biden. Seriously?
The president of the USA has a lot of duties to attend to. Like relations with other countries, meeting eagle scouts, Oprah, and Super Bowl champions. That shit takes a lot of time! The vice president can ACTUALLY GET SHIT DONE AND WORK. Which is exactly how I would run this campaign if I was the Republican leader.
Look, I don’t know anyone that LOVES Mitt Romney. He’s like a necessary evil, and literally probably perfect to say and do the right thing. A spokesman for our country. And a damned good one (like Obama). But who the hell is gonna fix and work out this mess?
Mr. Ryan will and CAN. He has a plan, gets along with others in the sandbox, and dude believes in it!
Basically I lead with Ryan when I can or at the worst run a 50/50 type workload/campaign. While only 43% of Americans didn’t even knew who Ryan was before he was nominated, that’s probably a good clean slate to build on. (Both sides are trying to make an image of him, before you know anyone actually decides on their own. Welcome to America!)
Depict him who he is… a hard working Midwesterner (the coastal people love that shit) that is gonna work and fix this shit. What are Obama and Biden gonna do, go on Sportscenter and break down the brackets? See… this is easy.
THIS LOSER SUPPORTS PAUL RYAN FOR V.P. AND THAT OTHER GUY TOO I SUPPOSE. Matt or Mitt or whatever.
– Roste Beefe