TOP 5 – PACKER PUNCH IN THE GUT MOMENTS
On Monday night Packer nation took a major hit to our beer belly stomachs. (We work hard for those!) So today at losersbracket.com we review the top 5 packer punch in the gut moments in the last 30 years.
5. Monday Night, Nov. 3, 1985: Fridge Touchdown. The Fridge scoring a Touchdown on Monday Night Football. Granted it was a regular season game and the Bears routinely kicked our ass, but this was a new level of arrogance. I mean this was a real rivalry where the Bears and Packer players actually hated each other. And they bring in their big dopey loveable defensive lineman instead of the all world Walter Payton to finish us off in a laugher. Yeah it still hurts. I vividly remember watching this with my dad on that Monday night from hell when I was in the 5th grade.
4. Monday night, Sept. 24, 2012: The inaccurate reception. Enough has been written about that in the last 72 hours.
3. January 4th, 1999: The T.O. / Steve Young Pass, Catch 2. It’s a horrible loss, especially since Jerry Rice fumbled no call and it’s a horrible play to lose on. However, the Packers were a wild card team and Packer nation didn’t give them much of a chance to go the superbowl. So it ends up #3. And T.O. wasn’t popcorn T.O. quite yet. Notice Darren Sharper is involved in two of the top 5. He is not a hall of famer folks.
2. Sunday, January 11, 2004: 4th and 26th. Watching this after a 48 hour non stop binge drinking affair in the northwoods. This team was 13-3 and Ahman Green and that o-line were unstoppable. This team had a direct path on giving Farve his 2nd super bowl ring. Or not. I mean 4th and 26th, it STILL doesn’t make any sense.
1. Jan. 21, 2008 Favre’s last throw as a Packer. Watched this after drinking for 11 hours with a bunch of dudes at the 19th hole in the northwoods. It was 20 below, it was at Lambeau. It was Favre. Who looked cold and old. The Giants sucked. The question was not if we could beat the Giants but if we could beat the undefeated Patriots. Shit. Balls.
** The 1997 superbowl loss where the Packers were 14 point favorites over the Broncos are not on the list because it wasn’t really a punch in the gut, it was a slow burn as the Packers were dominated the entire game.
And since we are talking about guts and you are feeling down… how about a some nice little guts to cheer you up?